Dimitri Kipiani

by Lika from Gavazi, Georgia

Dimitri Kipiani  (Lang. DM. A. Modern History of Georgia)
Dimitri Kipiani (Lang. DM. A. Modern History of Georgia)

For my mind a hero is a human, who does anything special for the world, country, family. There are many heroes in Georgia. And for me a hero, is a publicist, Georgian writer, translator and leader of liberal nobility Dimitri Kipiani.

He was born in 1814. He graduated from the Tiflisi (modern Tbilisi) School at Nobility in 1830, he then worked there as a teacher. He entered the civil service. At the same time, Kipiani was energetically involved in Georgia's social and cultural life. He was a vice-president of the caucasicus Agvarian Society and a co-founder of the Tiflis nobility Bank, Society for the Spreading of Literacy among Georgians and "Georgia dramatic Society." He became the first Georgian translator of Shakespeare and authored a book "Modern Georgian Grammar". This book helped Georgian society to learn Georgian grammatically.

Dimitri Kipiani - information