Detective Sergeant Gerity

by Harrison

Detective Sergeant Gerity on the middle left (http://www.northjersey.com/news/139035204_Saddle_River_Municipal_Alliance__Parents_who_host_stand_to_lose_the_most.html (Patty Nazzaro))

A hero to me is someone who does something because they want to and a good result comes out of all their hard work; someone who willingly does something because it's good for a community. My hero is Detective Sergeant Tim Gerity; he was born in 1965 and is a police officer that protects America. He has three children of his own and has a very happy family. He gives speeches, lessons, and meetings for world benefits, and he takes the job of educating kids for what they will face and how to act. These reasons are why he is a hero to me. 

My first main reason for Detective Gerity being a hero is he is dedicated to the U.S.  By serving under the police force and preventing crimes by going out of his way to teach kids about making decisions and protecting themselves. Another reason he is a hero is he is an investigator at the Bergen County Prosecutor's office, which is very time consuming. He also talks to kids about conserving America, a very important task because today we need to recycle to keep the earth clean. These are reasons he is a hero about protecting and serving America.

Detective Sergeant Gerity can also be considered a hero because he prepares the future Americans for their life and teaching them how to make safe decisions. Examples of this are he joined the D.A.R.E. program in 1994, a program to prepare youth for the upcoming years in their life. After that he made his own youth leadership program and brought it to SRDS. In addition to that he also has special meetings for kids and makes speeches at SRDS. These are a couple reasons why Detective Sergeant Gerity is someone who cares for the future.

Out of all the good things Detective Sergeant Gerity does for us and the world there is one thing that exceeds the limit. Detective Gerity always wants the world to be a better place. He supports recycling and teaches it to kids at my school SRDS about the possibilities of not recycling. In my opinion, this is a very important lesson to teach kids especially at the age of 11. It will pass recycling on to the future generations. In addition to recycling, he also started the NJ Association of School Resource Officers. He might have started this because he has children of his own and knows the importance of the future Americans and children. Besides teaching kids about recycling at our school, he also teaches kids about the legal system, therefore giving kids the knowledge they might need in the future. Some things he has taught me about the legal system is that when you call the cops at a party that somebody has fainted at, then the friend who is ill will not be arrested for any drinking because the police want to keep more people alive. One other reason that Detective Gerity wants the world to be a better place is his dedication to the police force, and Detective Gerity is an extremely committed member of the police force. He has started numerous programs that I have listed and is always on his toes in the department and the schools. This is why my hero is important to me.

So with all the information I have gathered and put together my main point is that Detective Gerity is a very unselfish man and spends loads of time to help his community and other ones as well. In my opinion, Detective Gerity may not be famous but he definitely has been more recognized in a community where he knows the community and they know him as well. He has definitely been a great impact on my life and has taught me many lessons and how to be safe around a situation when it gets out of hand. My personal reasons why he is a hero is he has taught me life lessons that only certain people can teach you, and these lessons are very important and they only come around so many times.

Gerity, Tim. "Interview. "

Hoffman, Reid. "www.linkedin.com." [Online] Available www.linkedin.com.