Didier Drogba

by Jure from Trnovo, Slovenia

Every human has a hero. And every human has different heroes. My hero is a footballer called Edson Arantes Do Nascimento:PELE.

Like every story starts, this one too started in his childhood. So Pele was once a child to. He was very poor and he didn’t have anything. But his father was a footballer. Pele really liked sports but his favourite sport was football, maybe because his father was a footballer. And this story started like this.

Pele and his friends played football every day. They played with bottles and they really wanted a ball. His parents couldn’t buy a ball, that’s way Pele and his friends stole nuts. They sell the nuts and bought a ball. The ball wasn’t really good but they didn’t care. They were very happy. They were all very good, but Pele was the best. That’s way they joined in the Junior Brazil League. They won the league and the coach of Santos Football Club (in this time that club was the best) saw Pele and his technic with a ball. He was asked to join the club and Pele started to play a professional football. He was really good. He scored a lot of goals that’s way he got a lot of money. He bought a new house for his family and he got in love with a girl called Rosemera. One day he listened to the radio and suddenly they have read the names of the footballer players for the Brazilian team for UEFA World Cup, his name also appeared.

He was chosen and went to train and after a month they went on a World Cup and Brasilia won. And this happened two more times. The third time Pele gave 50.000 000$ for poor families and he helped to a lot of families. He was really generous, because he knew what it meant to be poor.

Pele played football for a really long time and once he decided to finish the career after all, he did score 1293 goals. Pele is my hero because he was really kind, polite and selfless. His talent made him rich, but he didn’t forget about the poor others.

Kristjan Malijanski, 6.B, Slovenia – Primary school Trnovo