Davy Crockett

by Jacob & Parker from Hixson, Tennessee

Davy Crockett, Tennessee Hero

Davy Crockett was born David Crockett, August 17, 1786, in what is now Greenfield County, Tennessee. As a child, Davy Crockett started school at age 3 but didn’t go to school very long. He got into fights and was beaten at school. He ran away to avoid any more beatings from teachers and his father. He learned to hunt and trap things in this time. David returned to his parents at the age of twelve.

As an adult Davy Crockett was once a politician. He was also elected to the state legislator twice. David traveled around too. Once when he was in Philadelphia he was awarded a rifle he called Betsy. He also fought in wars like the Creek War. Davy Crockett changed the country. He was a soldier in the battle of the Alamo. He died March 6, 1836 at the Alamo.

He demonstrated characteristics of a hero because Davy Crockett showed bravery and courage. He fought in wars and stood up for what he thought was right. He was hard working and courageous. He was brave and strong too.