Deborah Anderson

by Trey from Hixson, Tennessee

Deborah Anderson - McConnell Teacher Hero

Our school's assistant principal is more than an administrator. Let me tell you about my McConnell Teacher Hero, Mrs. Deborah Anderson, who has been an Assistant Principal since 2008. She was born in Houston, Texas. I'll have to remember that her birthday is coming soon but I think we will be on Spring Break!

Some of her favorite things are eating lasagna, playing outside, she loves HORSES, and as a child her favorite subject in school was science. Her father was in the Army and they moved a lot when she was young. Some of her most interesting things that happened to her was that she was able to see the Berlin Wall in Germany before it was taken down.

Mrs. Anderson has four degrees. I guess she is very smart. She has Associate in Science, Bachelors in Education, Masters of Arts, and Educational Specialty Degree.

Mrs. Anderson told me that the best thing she likes about her job is helping kids to do better in school. Her values that help her become my hero are integrity, honesty, loyalty, and she has strong religious values. The most joyful thing about her job is seeing that someone could have a safe teachable school year. This helps us be so happy at school.

Permission granted for interview February 18, 2012