Cristina

by Mia from Hixson, Tennessee

Never Give Up

Cristina was born at East Ridge Hospital. Cristina got sick at age 13 and because of that she missed a lot of school. Though she made it through many hospital stays, she had her first of many surgeries at age 16. Then she lost her first kidney at age 19.

After that she tried to go to college. At college she meet her husband (my dad), got married and had a beautiful baby girl Mia (me).

When she was 26, she started dialysis and lost her last kidney. On December 12, 2008, she had her kidney transplant. Her mom gave her the kidney. She survived her illness and still had a loving family to take care of.

She is now working toward her nursing degree in 2010, all while being positive. My mom Cristina changed the world by not giving up and staying positive because almost every one knows anything is possible if you just simply follow your heart.