Craig Kielburger

by Damian from Prescott

Craig Kielburger (blogs.ubc.ca)
Craig Kielburger (blogs.ubc.ca)

My hero is Craig Kielburger. He helps to build schools in other countries. His organization is called Free the Children. He started it because he heard that children were slaves in other countries and he wanted it to stop. He was in grade 7 when he heard about this for the first time. He and his friends started Free the Children when Craig was only 13 years old.

Now his organization helps to build schools and give power back to children in many countries. He made more than 1000 schools for thousands of kids to get smart and know how to read. He is awesome. Craig is good to kids.

Now he spends time speaking to kids and adults around the world. He tells them that they can do anything if they set their heart to it. Craig inspires people around him to make the world better. For these reasons, he is my hero.