Christine Marie Hockert

by Jake from Hixson, Tennessee

Teacher Hero Mrs. Hockert

My McConnell teacher hero is Mrs. Christine Marie Hockert. She was born in New London, Connecticut. She has two children, Ginger Bowles and Megan Hockert. Mrs. Hockert likes ice cream and meatloaf. Her education began at the University of New Haven in CT where she earned a B.S. Business Admin. Degree and then she moved south to Tennessee and attended the University of Tennessee (UTC) where she obtained a Masters in Education School Leadership. Her accomplishments are that she earned her M.ED (Masters in Education) and after retirement she began a non-profit Nickels For Nepal to help a remote village school.

She demonstrates Hero Characteristics by currently volunteering in RAP (Really Academic People, gifted program) with students at McConnell.

She is honest, loyal, and dependable I chose Mrs. Hockert because I work with her and she helps me a lot.

Permission granted from interview on January 28, 2011