Barack Obama

by Sean

Barak Obama in front of the American flag (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/the_next_president_of_the_unit.html (Jim Young))

In Honolulu, Hawaii, on August fourth 1961 a small boy was born. He does many great things in his life academically such as going to two Ivy League colleges. (Columbia and Hartford) And for his people by becoming a lawyer, the president, and a congressman all to help people. He is my hero because he is brave, never gives up, and he tries to make the world a better place. He is President Obama.

One of the characteristics of a hero that President Obama has is that he is brave. I think he is brave because he continues to work for health care. Even when people are always telling him he is wrong, and might even threaten, him he continues to work for it. When he was younger and just out of collage he went to Illinois. When he was in Illinois, he saw that there were many poor people that were out of work do to the factories that got shut down. He went to law school so that he could help them by being an attorney. That has to do with the second reason that I think he is a brave person. After law school he could have gone into a large firm because he had very good grades. He could have made a very large amount of money and supported his family with it. Yet he took a risk and went back to Illinois to help people. And my third and final reason that he is brave is that he ran for president even when people might try to kill him due to racism.

My second reason for believing that President Obama is a hero is that he never gives up. My first example of President Obama never giving up is many people pressure him to stop the health care reform yet he continues because he believes it will help people. Another example is that even though a black person had never become a president he had a dream so he followed through with it. My last, but not least, reason for thinking that President Obama never gives up is even though people are always outside the post office and other places protesting him and saying that he is a bad, president he never gives up on being president. Also he is running for reelection this year.

My third characteristic that I think President Obama shows is that he tries to make the world a better place. One way he tries to make the world a better place is he helps other countries when they are fighting for a republic. A second example is that he wants to tax the rich more so that he can tax the poor less. My final reason for thinking that President Obama is trying to make the world a better place is that he is trying to give people health care.

So to summarize this up; I think President Obama is a hero because he is brave, he never gives up, and he tries to make the world a better place. Just learning about a small boy born in Honolulu, Hawaii like so many others did you really expect to see him become a great man who has brought peoples children, brothers, and sisters back to their families? Who helped so many people in Chicago? Who helped other countries fight for a republic? Did you expect him to become a hero to more people than just me? Well he did.