PRESIDENT
BARACK OBAMA
by Simona from Maribor, Slovenia

I want to tell you something about my hero - Barack Obama

Obama (Internet)

Barack Obama is my only hero. He was born on 4th August 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. His father was Kenyan, his mother came from Kansas. And right there in Hawaii, little Obama spent his first years. The most interesting fact about him is that he is the first black person who has become the president of the USA. He is also the author of books Audacity of Hope and Dreams from my Father.

The reason why he is my hero is because he is the first black president of the USA and that he has shown a big breakthrough. That is important in life because we have to "change" our lives, friends and places similarly too, many times. To do that you need to be brave and smart. That is exactly what Obama presented to us with his wish to become the president; but to be elected he needed some help and we need that too in our lives. And I like him because he is a sportsman, he plays basketball.

Written by Simona from Maribor, Slovenia
This story has been submitted by a guest user and does not necessarily represent the views of The My Hero Project or its staff.

Last changed on: 10/16/2009 10:05:41 AM

More Featured Other Heroes