Press_Release

The 2015 MY HERO International Film Festival Highlights Short Films With Heroic Themes

Contact: Wendy Milette FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[email protected]

949-376-5964

THE 2015 MY HERO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS SHORT FILMS WITH HEROIC THEMES

SANTA MONICA, CA. - 10/13/15 - The 2015 MY HERO Film Festival is kicking off on November 20th with screenings of select winning films. These works will demonstrate MY HERO's mission of effectively using media to catalyze social change.

This is a celebration of heroes from diverse backgrounds all around the world. Common themes to be highlighted include:

• Humanitarian
  • Environmental conservation
  • Anti-violence
  • Education

Screenings and reception will take place from 4:00pm to 9:30pm on November 20, 2015 at The Ann and Jerry Moss Theater in Santa Monica.

Tickets will be available for pre-sale or at the door. Please RSVP at myhero.com/go/screenings15

The festivities will continue with a multimedia celebration and award ceremony on Saturday, November 21, 2015. 

The celebration will feature:

• Author and educator Erin Gruwell, founder of The Freedom Writers Foundation and winner of MY HERO’s 2015 Global Educator Award. 
  • Peace Activist Ron Kovic, author of Born on the Fourth of July, who will present a prize to the short film that addresses the issue of peace and conflict resolution in an engaging and thought-provoking manner. (myhero.com/kovic)
  • Author and activist Kathy Eldon, who will present the Dan Eldon Award, if honor and memory of her journalist son, to the filmmaker who best uses creativity to effect change. (myhero.com/eldon)
  • Reggae musician Pato Banton, who will be performing live. 
  • Artist Robert Shetterly, known for his portrait series, "Americans Who Tell the Truth," who will present the Shetterly Prize to the artist who most eloquently represents a hero or an act of heroism in art.
To RSVP, visit myhero.com/20th

Join us for both nights as we highlight heroes past and present at the beautiful Moss Theater in the Herb Alpert Educational Village.

Ann and Jerry Moss Theater, New Roads School

3131 Olympic Blvd.

Santa Monica, CA 90404  

The MY HERO Project is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes around the globe. MY HERO's award winning web site (www.myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero-themed stories, music, art and short films.

For press and sponsorship opportunities, please contact: [email protected]

949.376.5964