Press_Release

Call for Entries for the 2015 Relationships First Award

CONTACT: Wendy Milette                 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Media                                       
[email protected]
949-376-5964

CALL FOR ENTRIES – RELATIONSHIPS FIRST AWARD – $1500 Cash Prize!

SANTA MONICA, CA – 4/13/15 – The MY HERO International Film Festival is looking for films that honor family relationships to be considered for the prestigious Relationships First Award.  The award, presented by the Foundation for the Contemporary Family, offers a $1,500 cash prize to the film that conveys in an innovative way the powerful, poignant relationships present in today’s diverse contemporary couple and family situations.  

The MY HERO International Film Festival, currently celebrating its 11th year, showcases the best short hero-themed films in the world.  It is part of The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes from all walks of life. MY HERO's award winning web site (www.myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero themed stories, music, art and short films. 

The Relationships First Prize was created to encourage healthy relationships.  For more about the Foundation for the Contemporary Family visit: http://www.foundationforcontemporaryfamily.org/

Filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience are encouraged apply.  Films must be 10 minutes or shorter in any of the following genres: Narrative, Documentary, Music Video, Experimental, Animation, Trailer, Excerpts, Indy Features in Development and PSA.  Films must be appropriate for all ages and may not promote hatred, violence or racism.
The Relationships First Award $1,500 / http://myhero.com/relationships

The regular deadline for submission is June 1, 2015,
Extended deadlines are July 1 and August 1, 2015.  
Submission fees are $55, $60 and $65, respectively.
Last year's winner, Present Trauma, by Mark Manalo  is a psychological drama about a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after an overseas combat tour.
Last year's winner, Present Trauma, by Mark Manalo is a psychological drama about a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after an overseas combat tour.
The winning film will be screened at the MY HERO International Film Festival’s annual awards ceremony on November 14th, 2015 from 7 pm – 10 pm at The Ann and Jerry Moss Theater at The Herb Alpert Educational Village - 3131 Olympic Blvd. Santa Monica 90404.

For more information about The MY HERO International Film Festival, email [email protected] or visit www.myhero.com/submit.