8th class students writing about their heroes

About our students

This project has been done by two groups of students who are aged 13 and attend the 8th class. We decided to participate in the iEARN learning circle, My hero, since we have a topic dealing with heroes in our books and the students wanted to get to know new friends and pay tribute to their heroes.

The students were happy participating in the project and found it interesting and fun. They have also learnt a lot about other countries and heroes.
English class - group 2
Credit: http://myhero.com/images/ecreateuserimages/sr_1217201324343.jpg
English class - group 3
Credit: http://myhero.com/images/ecreateuserimages/sr_1217201324613.jpg

About our school

Our school is a primary school called Osnovna sola Naklo. It is situated in a small village called Naklo which lies close to the fourth biggest city in Slovenia, Kranj.

Osnovna sola Naklo is a quite new school. It was established in 1997 and it accommodates about 500 students and 60 teachers. It has also got two branch schools in the nearby villages Podbrezje and Duplje.

Our school has already won several awards for the most beautiful school in Slovenia. It has got many modern classrooms equipped with a computer and a projector. There are also a few IWBs (interactive whiteboards), a computer suite, a library, a fitness and a big gym in our school.

Our school is also very interested in joining international projects and we have done many projects through the years.

Below are 2 photos of our school. One is taken in front of the main entrance and one is of our outdoor classroom.

You can read more about our school in the enclosed link which is in English. And there is also a link in Slovene where you can see more photos of our school.
Our school and its playground
Credit: http://myhero.com/images/ecreateuserimages/sr_1225201381524.jpg
Our outdoor classroom
Credit: http://myhero.com/images/ecreateuserimages/sr_1225201381725.jpg

Who is a hero?

Before writing about our heroes the students had a discussion about who a hero is.

What kind of a person can be called a hero? What does it take to be a hero?

The students quickly said that a hero is a person who inspires us, a person who leaves a part of himself/herself with us, a person encouraging us to become a better person ourselves.

Below you can read about the people who inspire our students.

We hope you like our work.

Family heroes

Anze Bertonjcelj
By: Aljosa from Kranj
Helena Krampl
By: Lea from Naklo
Hello everyone! My name is Lea and I live in Naklo in Slovenia and so does my hero. My hero is my mum. Why? Read the text below and you shall know.
Jozef Poklukar
By: Martina from Naklo, Slovenia
Mateja Lackovic
By: Ajda from Naklo
Spela Gregorcic
By: Neza from Spodnje Duplje
My mum Francka
By: Anita from Naklo
I love my mom. She has been always there for me. That is the reason why I choose my mum as my hero.
My Mother, Natasa
By: Primoz from Naklo
My mum Tanja
By: Gasper from Strahinj, Slovenia

Musician heroes

Dejan Vunjak
By: Mojca from Naklo
DJ Umek
By: Peter from Duplje, Slovenia
Justin Drew Bieber
By: Nika from Naklo
Lojze Slak, My Hero
By: Nejc Azman from Naklo
Hello, This is my project from Lojze Slak. My name is Nejc Azman.
Niall James Horan
By: Tina from Naklo
Selena Marie Gomez
By: Katarina from Naklo

Sports heroes

Anze Kopitar
By: Anze from Podbrezje
Cristiano Ronaldo
By: Luka from Spodnje Duplje
Darko Djuric
By: Gal from Kranj
Darko Djuric
By: Lovro from Duplje
Lionel Messi
By: Miha from Zgornje Duplje, Slovenia
Jurij Tepes
By: Karin from Naklo
Luka Zvizej
By: Grega from Podbrezje
Nika Kljun
By: Ana from Naklo
Petra Majdic
By: Katja from Naklo
Tina Maze
By: Jaka from Naklo
Tina Maze
By: Jan from Naklo
Tina Maze
By: Kristina from Naklo
Tina Maze
By: Rebeka from Naklo
Hello! My name is Rebeka and I''m 13 years old. I live in Slovenia, Europe. My hero is Slovenian skier Tina Maze. Now she is 30 years old, she is 1,72 meters tall and has 68 kilograms body weight.
Tina Maze
By: Zan from Kranj, Slovenia
Xavi Hernandez
By: Anton Martin from Naklo

Other heroes

Coco Chanel
By: Neza from Naklo

More to explore about Slovenia

Organizer created on 12/10/2013 10:46:03 AM by Vera Stoilov Spasova

Last edited 11/22/2019 2:30:25 AM by Anthony Pouw