SPORTS HERO:
RODNEY MULLEN
by Brian from Connecticut

(skateamerica.com)
Rodney Mullen is the best skater who ever lived. This is the opinion of many skaters. Skateboarding would not be where it is today if it weren't for Rodney Mullen. He invented many tricks we try to do every time we get on a skateboard. We owe a lot of credit to Rodney Mullen.

Rodney Mullen has invented many tricks we do today. For instance, he invented the ollie. This is the trick that starts all tricks. He has also invented the kickflip. This is a basic but difficult move to learn. I have only done it a few times. He is a huge part of skateboarding.

Rodney Mullen was born August 17, 1966. He got his first board on January 1st, 1977. In 1978 he reached fourth place in the Kona contest. In 1979 he got first place in the Oceanside contest. On August of 1980 he was called by Steve Peralta, inviting him to a contest in San Diego. He was 13 and competing against freestyler Steve Rocco. They were neck and neck until Rodney won it on his final run. When this happened he started riding for Powell Peralta. The rest is skateboarding history.

So as you can see Rodney Mullen is a skateboarding legend. Skateboarding would not be where it is today if it weren't for Rodney Mullen. If you are a skateboarder you should pay respect to Rodney Mullen. He is the best skateboarder ever in my opinion.

Written by Brian from Connecticut
This story has been submitted by a guest user and does not necessarily represent the views of The My Hero Project or its staff.

Photos courtesy of www.skateamerica.com

Rodney Mullen More on Rodney Mullen

More Featured Sports Heroes

.