Print-Friendly Version

Learning Circle - PPM1 - 05/06

THE MY HERO PROJECT

Our homeschooling group (THE SCHOOLERS) from Canada participated in the iearn.org Learning Circle with 12 other classes from Belarus, Poland, USA, Australia, Uzbekestan, Egypt, Israel, Lithuania, India and Nepal. These are some of their stories.

The SCHOOLERS painted a mural with the children of the Canadian PeaceKeeping Forces. The theme... PEACE. You can view the short film "PAINTING PEACE" by clicking on Short Films and scrolling down to Painting Peace.

Steven Seagal  
by Maxim from Minsk, Belarus

Casey Jones 
by Parker from Long Beach, USA

Vladimir Magonov 
by Yulia Simonenko from Gomel, Belarus

Andrew Hoy 
by Brittany from Warragul, Australia

Xavier Rudd 
by Cameron from Warragul, Australia

Sir Frank MacFarlane Burnet 
by Amy from Warragul, Australia

J. Robin Warren & Barry J. Marshall discovered that a bacteria caused ulcers.
by Nicholas from Warragul, Australia

Stuart O'Grady 
by David from Warragul, Australia

Francisk Skaryna printed the first books in Eastern Europe.
by Aleska from Minsk, Belarus

RELATED LINKS

The Art Miles Mural Project Kids and adults from all over the world are painting murals for PEACE, the ENVIRONMENT and other themes... to add to the 12 miles of murals that will encircle the pyramids in Egypt in 2010. It will mark the end of the United Nations decade of PEACE. Click here to find out how to add your own mural.

IEARN - International Education and Resource Network Started in 1988, iEARN is the world's largest non-profit global network that enables teachers and young people to use the Internet and other new technologies to collaborate on projects that both enhance learning and make a difference in the world.

Last Changed: 7/4/2006

.