"Recommend to your children virtue; that alone can make them happy, not gold."

MUSICIAN HERO:
LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
by Veronica and Sarah from Williamsport, Maryland

Beethoven

Ludwig van Beethoven is our hero because he inspired people all over the world. Beethoven was born on December 16th, 1770, in Germany. Beethoven started playing music at age 4. He loved the outdoors and had a big imagination. This influenced his music. His talent was recognized at a young age.

His farther was very hard on him, but Beethoven kept on trying to please his father. Beethoven's mother was always worried about her children because there was never enough money. That meant Beethoven always had to respect and cooperate with his family. He was always well behaved.

Beethoven only went to school until he was 11 years old. Beethoven needed a lot of determination. He got a job to help the family when he was only 12. Beethoven was the main source of income for the family.

After Beethoven's mother died, Beethoven helped take care of his siblings. Even after this tragic incident, Beethoven kept on composing music. Beethoven moved to Vienna in 1792, where he studied with Joseph Haydn.

Beethoven noticed a problem with his hearing when he was a teenager. At age 28, he was completely deaf. Beethoven wrote his ninth and last symphony, but he could not hear it. Yet he performed it even though he was afraid no one would like it.His courage was rewarded when everybody loved it.

Beethoven died March 26. 1827, in Vienna, Austria. He was 57 years old when he died. He was poor his whole life, but he never lived to see his successes. He inspired many people during and after his life. That's why Beethoven is our hero.

Written by Veronica and Sarah from Williamsport, Maryland
This story has been submitted by a guest user and does not necessarily represent the views of The My Hero Project or its staff.

Last changed on: 11/24/2006 10:35:05 AM

Beethoven

page , web. "www.Beethoven .com." [Online] Available www.Beethoven.com.

Inc., World Book . World book B 2003 edition.

Sabin, Louis . Ludwig Van Beethoven, Young Composer.

More Featured Musician Heroes

.