William McKinley

by Conor from Westerville

(Drawn by Conor)
(Drawn by Conor)

William McKinley was born January 29, 1843 in Niles, Ohio. Niles, Ohio is located in the northeast part of Ohio, right near the border of Pennsylvania.

(Drawn by Conor)
(Drawn by Conor)

William McKinley had seven siblings. Their names were: David Allison, James Rose, Mary Helen, Sarah Elizabeth, Abbie Celia and Amber Osborne. His parents were Nancy and William McKinley Jr.

(Drawn by Conor)
(Drawn by Conor)

William McKinley went to Alleghany College in Meadville, Pennsylvania. This is funny because he did not go to a regular college in Ohio. After college, William McKinley married a woman named Ida Saxton. They had two children, Ida and Katherine McKinley. Katherine was diagnosed with typhoid fever. Ida, following, was diagnosed with phlebitis and epileptic seizures. Then, William McKinley was in the Union army and earned the top rank of major.

(Drawn by Conor)
(Drawn by Conor)

His major accomplishments were: he was the 25th president and made the McKinley tariffs. William had a nice lifestyle. He 1st opened a law office in Canton, Ohio. Then, after that he became the 25th president. He signed treaties and tariffs as president, but it must have been harder than anyone thought. William McKinley was shot in the chest and survived a few days in the hospital. On September 14th, 1901, William McKinley passed away. His body still remains at the McKinley National Memorial.

(Drawn by Conor)
(Drawn by Conor)

William McKinley was a great president. Trustworthy, committed, confident is what I think about him. If he wasn’t president, where would have we been now!?

Riehecky, Janet. William McKinley: Encyclopedia of Presidents.

Whitehouse.gov, .. "William McKinley." [Online] Available http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/williammckinley/.

Calone, Lauren. "William McKinley." [Online] Available http://www.spanamwar.com/McKinley.htm.