"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

ANIMAL HERO:
STEVE IRWIN
by Shannon from Annandale, New Jersey

Steve Irwin

A hero of mine is Steve Irwin. He is otherwise known as the Crocodile Hunter. Steve Irwin was an environmentalist that did a lot of work with crocodiles. He had two children, Bindi (girl) and Bob (boy). Steve Irwin is my hero because he saved many animals by just doing what he loved to do. Steve Irwin tried very hard to educate people about animals. He taught people about them because he wanted to help them understand animals. He risked his life a lot more than I probably ever will, and he did this often.

Steve Irwin
I know that he saved animals and helped the world by doing what he liked to do. If he didn't like animals why would he have wasted so much money and time on saving animals? I know that he loved animals because whenever he saw an animal that could not fend for itself, he helped it. Steve lived in Australia, but he did his best to save animals everywhere.

I know Steve Irwin saved many animals because I watched him on TV, and he did some shows live. He loved animals, especially crocodiles and reptiles. He saved a lot of animals from many places including deserts, ice lands, and oceans. He once saved a joey (baby kangaroo). A car had hit its mother, and she died. Steve had taken care of the baby until it was strong enough to take care of itself.

Steve Irwin
Steve Irwin taught people to love animals because he knew they did nothing to harm us. He informed me about a lot when it came to animals. I had never known how gentle crocodiles, alligators, and turtles were to their babies. I also never knew caimans existed. He also told people on national television to never, ever hurt an animal.

I will always remember Steve Irwin because of what he did to help all the animals in the world. Steve probably saved a lot more animals than anyone thinks. He also probably inspired a lot of people to save animals, including me. I think that a lot of people really miss him. Steve Irwin lived to save animals either reptile, mammal, or fish! (February 22, 1962 - September 4, 2006) This is why Steve Irwin is my hero.

Written by Shannon from Annandale, New Jersey
This story has been submitted by a guest user and does not necessarily represent the views of The My Hero Project or its staff.

Animal Planet All about animals and the people who save them.

Steve Irwin Wikipedia site that gives facts about Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin BBC News has great pictures and information about a lot of stuff.

More Featured Animal Heroes

.