Angels

Miyuki Inoue

by Cella from Jakarta

"...'cause I am defective, I have to try harder than the others..."

Miyuki Inoue was born on 21st August 1984 in Fukuoka, Japan. But unfortunately, she was born with an abnormal body, her weight was only 500 gram, her fingers were as big as matches, her head was as big as an egg, and she was blind.

Her mother, Michiyo, educated her to be a tough girl in order that someday Miyuki can reach her dream to be useful for everybody, especially those who have the same situation like her. And she did it. She had won the national writing competitions for many times and launched her autobiography “Aku Terlahir 500 gram dan Buta” on July 2000. That book has become an inspiration for the readers to face their lives. Her perseverance and struggle teaches us that there is no word ‘impossible’ in this world. Everything is possible providing you want to try harder and never give up although you have a lot of flaws.

From her, I’ve learned many things. We may not tell the world that we are the unluckiest person because in fact there are many people who have a worse situation than us. For me, Miyuki Inoue is an incredible girl.