Lars Ulrich

by Andy from Laguna Beach

Lars Ulrich drawing (I drew it)
Lars Ulrich drawing (I drew it)

My Hero is Lars Ulrich, the creator of the band, Metallica. The band has made millions of dollars for their music. I discovered the band from my cousins and learned the band member names. The band has inspired me in many ways.

Lars Ulrich has accomplished starting a genre. He started the genre and the scene of thrash metal. The scene inspired a good amount of bands such as Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, and hundreds more.

Lars Ulrich lives in California. He used to live in Berkeley at least 30 years ago. He now lives in L.A. Lars Ulrich was a spoiled teenager in my opinion but it did not affect his personality. He said that his house was a replica of the house that was in the artwork of a Led Zepplin album. His parents were very rich because his father was a famous tennis player at the time. Some say that if Lars never got into metal, he would probably be playing tennis. Also, there was rumor saying that before school instead of his parents waking him up, he woke up his parents before school.

He was born in December 26, 1963 in Denmark. He then moved to California and grew up there right when he was sixteen to pursue his training in tennis. In the time of 1970 to 1980, the music that was just coming out were bands like Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath which inspired him. He grew up trying to be a pursued tennis player because of his dad but metal changed him. Heavy metal changed him because he quit tennis and started a band.

The reason why Lars is important to me is because if he never started Metallica then I never would have started listening to metal or rock. I would probably be listening to a less exciting band if it wasn’t for him. Perhaps, if it wasn’t for him then maybe I would not have gotten interested in playing guitar or drums.

The MY HERO Gallery - For the MY HERO Gallery page devoted to Andy's hero, Lars Ulrich.