Lauren Conrad

by McKenna from Laguna Beach

My Hero is Lauren Conrad. She used to be on the television shows, Laguna Beach and The Hills. She is also a fashion designer, an author, and a giver. I first learned about my hero when I watched the show Laguna Beach. Suddenly, I became a huge fan of her.

My hero, Lauren Conrad, has done a lot in her life. It all started when she just played herself on the television show “Laguna Beach”. The show soon followed her to Los Angeles, where the show was called “The Hills”. “Laguna Beach” was about the drama and her high school in Orange County. Lauren was one of the main stars. The Hills was about her career in fashion and her interning at Teen Vogue. Also, there was more drama. Lauren soon left the show and started writing books. She has written a book about fashion called “Style”. She has also written two books that are part of the same series. Lauren also designed her own brand of clothing for Kohls. She is part of many charities also. Some of them are Avon Foundation, Clothes Off Our Back, Feeding America, Soles4Souls, and The Art of Elysium. . For the Avon Foundation, she designed a bracelet to help educate women about abusive relationships. She designed a bracelet named “Have A Heart”. 100% of the money will be donated to the cause.

Lauren Conrad’s life was very interesting growing up. Her teen years were practically her growing up on the show, Laguna Beach. She lived in Laguna Beach, California and went to Laguna Beach High School. As any teenager’s life would be, there was a lot of drama in high school, but hers was on the show. Sometimes it was difficult for her because the cameras followed her everywhere. Her parents were very supportive of everything she did and she had a good family.

Lauren Conrad is my hero because she did I aspire to do. When I am older, I would like to get into the fashion industry, just like she did. Also I think it would be fun to be a writer, especially about fashion. Also, whenever she put her mind to something, she had confidence in herself and the people around her. She would put her heart in it and give it her all. She also would finish anything she started. She is also my hero, because she put her fame to a good cause. She is part of many charities. When she designed the bracelet for Avon Foundation, she put something she loved into it, designing, and she did it for a good cause and reason. She shows me that even someone from a town where we live, can grow up and move on to better and bigger things. She accomplished her goals and I hope I could be like her and accomplish mine, when I am older.