Joseph-Armand Bombardier

by Aiden from Calgary

(Made by Me On Inspiration ())
(Made by Me On Inspiration ())

Why did you choose this hero? I chose Joseph Armand Bombardier because I thought he was a great Canadian inventor, he invented the snowmobile, I knew a bit about him, I like snowmobiling, he was determined and his company still exists. The companies are Bombardier which is commercial transportation company and BRP which is a recreational vehicle company.

Joseph-Armand Bombardier (Made By Me)
Joseph-Armand Bombardier (Made By Me)

Personal Life: Joseph-Armand Bombardier lived in Valcourt, Quebec a city in Quebec. He was very smart when he was young he built a powered toy train out of a watch and a non-working cannon out of two wheels and a old gun. At the age of 15 he had built a proto type snowmobile out of a sled and a Model-T Ford engine. In 1926 he opened a small garage named L'Auto-Neige Bombardier were he started fixing cars and selling gasoline. A few years later there were big snowfalls in Quebec and the government stopped plowing roads nobody could get anywhere with a car so then he started designing a vehicle to travel in snow. A few years after his son died at the age of two cause they couldn't transport him to the hospital fast enough so he was determined to make a vehicle to travel on snow. In 1937 he had made the first snowmobile he then made it a bit better and then he finally released the B12 snow bus it held 12 people and at the time was $1700. Business was booming he had sold the C17's to schools and B12's to lots of people and businesses he also made vehicles for the war but in before WWII the government started plowing roads sale were dropping. So he thought hard and then had the idea of the muskeg it was a multi terrain work vehicle. But he rethought his dream as a kid a individual snowmobile. In 1957 he made the first individual snowmobile the Ski-Dog but the logo looked like Ski-Doo So he decided to go with the name Ski-doo.

Joseph Standing by his B12 Snowmobile (Made by Me On Inspiration ())

Achievements: He invented the very first snowmobile. He created a snowmobile track when the one he used was discontinued. He founded bombardier recreational products (BRP). He founded Bombardier, a jet company. He created L'Auto-Neige Bombardier. He got a medal from his local church. He Created the Ski-doo. He created one of the first motorized toys.

Thanks for visiting my hero page I hope you enjoyed it! This project took a lot of work! There is a interesting very website at top! 

I got my Info from:
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph-Armand Bombardier
Joseph Armand Bombardier Museum: http://www.bombardiermuseum.com/en/content/jab/jab.htm

Bombardier Museum - Bombardier Museum
BRP - BRP
Bombardier - Bombardier
Joseph-Armand Bombardier Wikipedia - Joseph-Armand Bombardier Wikipedia
Joseph-Armand Bombardier History Minute - Joseph-Armand Bombardier History Minute