Helen Adam Keller

by Jade from Bradford, Canada

"The best and most beautiful thing in the world cannot be seen or even touched.They must be felt in the heart"
<a href=http://www.time.com/time/time100/heroes/profile/keller01.html>Helen Keller holding a book in 1955</a>
Helen Keller holding a book in 1955

Helen Adams Keller was born on June 27, 1880. She was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States. The thing that Helen Keller did when she was growing up. She went to a school called Perkins School For Blind in 1894. Helen Keller liked to play chess and other games. Helen Keller lived with her father and mother in a big house. They had a maid and a butler that helped them with things that they can not handle with Helen.

Helen Keller's challenges in her life were being deaf and blind. This was hard for Helen because she thought that she could not be like a normal person. But she learned how to talk. Helen Keller's hero is Annie Sullivan and Alexander Graham Bell.

Helen Adams Keller
Helen Adams Keller

Helen Keller helped other people and children never to give up on trying to make a difference. She helped children to try to talk, even though they were deaf, and if they were blind to never give up on trying your best.

I am inspired by Helen Keller because she was very determined to learn to communicate with other people. She had to work very hard and I think that is important.