George Washington

by Clara from Quakertown

“Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.”
George Washington
George Washington

George Washington is my hero because he won the Revolutionary War. He did not just fight in the war. He switched sides. George Washington was originally in the British Army, but then he came to the American side to fight for us. If he did not fight for us, America would probably still be controlled by England.

George Washington riding his horse
George Washington riding his horse

The reason George Washington is my hero is because of his generosity. He did not give up, and he fought hard to win the war. What made me think George Washington had all those qualities is because George Washington did not give up fighting even though the American Army was not doing very well at first. Finally, George Washington fought hard to win the America Revolution.

George Washington was the leader of the Americans in the Revolutionary War. In the war, he and his side often lost and after the one win in Trenton, they were more confident and eventually won the war.

George Washington crossing the Delaware River

George Washington was a great man. He did a great job first leading the American Army in the war and then leading the country as the first President. That is why George Washington is my hero.

The George Washington Masonic Memorial - Website for the George Washington Masonic Memorial
Wikipedia-George Washington - Wikipedia site on George Washington and the American Revolutionary War
George Washington - Information on George Washington and the American Revolutionary War
Mount Vernon - George Washinton's home
Thinkexist.com - Quotes from George Washington's