Anna Pavlova

by Rita Farias from Belo Horizonte

A hero for me is someone who makes people happy and because they are helpful, brave, courageous, gentle, risk-takers and make some kind of sacrifice in their lives. Anna Pavlova is the best example of a heroine for me, so I think my dream is coming true.

Anna Pavlova was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia, on January 31st, 1881. When Anna was little her mom married a soldier: Matvey Pavlov that died when Anna was 2 years old. She and her mom were very poor. Anna Pavlova wanted to enter Saint Petersburg´s Ballet Imperial School. Two years later they accepted Anna at the ballet school.

Anna was an inspiration to children, by motivating them with speeches given all over the world. Once she said she was “haunted by the need to dance” and then became an inspiration to all boys and girls that wanted to learn how to dance and experience the joys of ballet. She was such a brilliant dancer that she could travel the whole entire world!

In conclusion, like Anna Pavlova would say, never forget your dreams. A hero for me as I said, makes people happy and a ballet dancer made me happy!