Heroes Hero

Abdul sattar Edhi

by Yariha Ali from Pakistan

Name: yariha ali

Class:10-b 

Title: My Hero, Abdul Sattar Edhi

In a world full of superheroes and movie characters, my real-life hero is Abdul Sattar Edhi. Born in 1928 in India, Edhi became a symbol of kindness and help for people around the world. His life story is not like those in movies, but it's filled with compassion and a strong desire to make the world a better place.

Early Life and the Beginning of Edhi's Journey:

Abdul Sattar Edhi didn't have a fancy start. He was born in a small town, and life was tough for him from the beginning. His parents passed away during a difficult time in history when India was dividing into two countries. This left Edhi as an orphan, but instead of feeling sorry for himself, he decided to help others who were suffering just like him.

Edhi Foundation:

Imagine being just 23 years old and starting something that will change the lives of millions. That's what Edhi did when he started the Edhi Foundation in 1951. It began with a small clinic, but Edhi's dream was big. He wanted to help everyone who needed it, no matter who they were or where they came from.

Ambulance Services and Helping in Emergencies:

One of the coolest things Edhi did was to create the world's biggest group of volunteers who help during emergencies. Picture this: an ambulance rushing to save someone in need. Abdul Sattar Edhi was often driving that ambulance himself. He believed that everyone deserved help, no matter where they were, and he made sure his team reached the most remote places.

Orphanages and Homes for Those in Need:

Edhi wasn't just about emergencies. He cared about orphans and people who didn't have a place to call home. So, he started orphanages and homes for those who were struggling. These places not only provided food and shelter but also love and care. Edhi believed that every person, no matter their background, deserved a chance at a better life.

Legacy and Impact:

Abdul Sattar Edhi wasn't a super hero with special powers, but his impact was felt all over the world. His kindness and love for humanity earned him respect and love from people of different religions, cultures, and countries. His legacy lives on through the Edhi Foundation, inspiring others to be kind and helpful.

So, to all the teenagers out there, Abdul Sattar Edhi is a real hero. His story teaches us that even if life is tough, we can make a difference by helping others. Let's be like Edhi, showing kindness to everyone around us and making the world a better place, one small act of goodness at a time.