Jackie Robinson

by Brandon from Altoona

Have you ever thought of your hero? A true hero is not an excellent athlete but somebody who does amazing things for their community. My hero does many things for his community. This is a very excellent hero and his name is Jackie Robinson.

Jackie Robinson was not only a great baseball player but a great man. He did many things for people that he didn’t have to do. He never got any thanks for it, but he was joyful all the time. He did very special things for people around the world and in his community. Here are some of the wonderful things he has done for people around the world.

Jackie Robinson is the very first black baseball player ever in professional baseball history. One of the reasons that he is my hero is because he fought for his rights to play baseball. He kept on fighting until they let him play. He made the coaches and baseball judges realize that it didn’t matter what your race was. Jackie Robinson fought for every single black on earth, and his dream came true.

Jackie Robinson opened a foundation before he died in 1972. This foundation did a lot for his community. He opened a foundation that gave scholarships away to people that didn’t have the money to go to college. He gave them away to only people that wanted to go to college to help make their dreams come true. He has given away 25 scholarships to many people including six special ones given by him with his signature.

I am very sure that I would give Jackie Robinson the name “My Hero”. I will always remember what he did for people around the world. I hope people will always cherish him for what he did, too. He did wonderful things and didn’t expect any thanks back from anybody. I will always think of him as a great hero.